Re: I might as well give on this list

On Sun, 18 May 2014 12:45:24 +0100
RichardBown <richard@g8jvm.com> wrote:

> Hi
> shame I thought I be able get some help to get this working, but apart
> from the assistance with debootstrap, which I'm grateful for, zilch.
> I guess you are al too busy working with later cortex 8 + to be
> bothered with support for the older stuff.

Hi Richard,

I haven't replied because I also don't have a pogoplug -and well I
prefer to be quiet most of the time. The problem with support -with
anything- is that you have greater chances of getting replies if you ask
something with which people are most familiar with. As time goes,
people do move on to newer stuff -like cortex-a8 which you mentioned,
which is already ancient, if you don't believe me try to see the current
EfikaMX support. Right now, most people deal with -at the very
least- cortex-a9 and more likely with a15s, and the ones that do
bleeding edge work on 64-bit arm stuff (like Wookey for example). It's
not that people don't want to help you, it's that right now, there are
very few who have the same hardware and are even in a situation that
could do anything more than give a piece of advice. Compared to the
other ports, the arm* ports are vey fast evolving and things that were
bleeding edge 1 year ago are almost obsolete now.

Unfortunately, I've been in the same situation and there is no real
advice, apart from the usual "be prepared to do a lot of searching
yourself and never give up". I'm sure others will thank you, influding
myself even if I don't have a pogoplug, if you eventually fix this.

I'm sorry I could not be of any actual help, but I just wanted to say
that it's not really anyone's fault you can't get more help.

Regards

Konstantinos