Re: Official support Odroid hardware and other ARM development boards.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Eric Nelson wrote:

> Linaro is doing some really nice work, coordinating the activities
> of the various ARM licensees in the kernel space, but I think they're
> only upstreaming the kernel and Android bits.

Indeed, that would be the most important part.

> Can anyone on this list comment on what the process is for
> addition into this list (which looks pretty dated)?

I think the plan is to go with device-tree (or UEFI/ACPI etc) and
multiplatform Linux kernels rather than hardware-specific ones, which
is what the list you linked to is about.

At a guess:

Upstream everything.

Package etna_viv and get it sponsored.

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

Get the relevant config options enabled in linux-image-armmp,
u-boot/grub by reporting bugs against these packages.

Send patches for the flash-kernel and installation-guide source packages.

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=d-i/flash-kernel.git
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i/trunk/manual/

Talk to the Debian installer team about how images are built and how
to add support for new hardware.

https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller
https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/

Test the results.

http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/armhf/daily/
http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/armel/daily/
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/armhf/
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/armel/

Please note we're freezing for the next Debian release in November:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2013/10/msg00004.html

PS: I'm subscribed, no need to CC.

--
bye,