Re: Official support Odroid hardware and other ARM development boards.

On 02/26/2014 07:12 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Eric Nelson wrote:

So it looks like we still don't have a 100% open source computer.

Ahem.... You can run our boards with 100% open source, and I think
our quad-core GHz i.MX6

Looks like I forgot to finish the sentence: "are desirable".

I don't think ARM Ltd CPU/SoC designs are anything but proprietary
trade secrets right now?

Huh?

If you've ever tried to get a BIOS writer's guide from Intel, I think
you'd have a different perspective.

I'm not aware of any open-source silicon, but ARM processors in
general tend to be well-documented because lots of O/S's are ported
to them.

Regards,

Eric