Re: debian on acer tablets

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 09:46:17AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Debian's userspace should work on essentially any ARM platform which
> meets the relevant ABI requirements, AIUI lots of people run a
> (debootstrapped?) Debian userspace with a vendor kernel of some sort.
> The main sticking point would be ancient vendor kernels, anything 3.x
> should be fine though, I reckon (Wheezy had 3.2, by way of comparison).

Well the pytest testsuite is failing on python 3.4 when run in a chroot
on wheezy kernel but passes on the jessie or wheezy-backports kernel,
so there are clearly somethings in jessie that don't work right with
older kernels.  Not sure at this time if this is a problem in python 3.4,
or glibc or some other library.

--
Len Sorensen