Re: Debian on the Ionics Stratus plug computer

One more question I'm afraid...

As described, I have successful built a kernel package, using make-kpkg --arch arm.

However, on installing it on the plug (which runs Squeeze), I get an error from dpkg:

    package architecture (arm) does not match system (armel)

I've googled diligently and the best (only) advice I could find was this:

http://www.rigacci.org/wiki/doku.php/doc/appunti/hardware/lacie_d2_network
https://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2010/04/msg00009.html

The solution (to make the DPKG_ARCH=armel and KERNEL_ARCH=arm)
was to edit
/usr/share/kernel-package/ruleset/misc/kernel_arch.mk, and add
the following lines at the end:

ifeq ($(strip $(architecture)),armel)
   KERNEL_ARCH := arm
endif
ifeq ($(strip $(architecture)),armeb)
   KERNEL_ARCH := arm
endif

Then I run:

cd /usr/src/linux
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi-
export ARCH=arm
make-kpkg --arch armel --cross_compile=arm-linux-gnueabi- clean
make-kpkg --revision=lacie.0.1 --initrd --arch=armel \
           --cross_compile=arm-linux-gnueabi- kernel_image
make uImage

I tried this, with my own version of the make-kpkg command. However it doesn't seem to work for me, I still get a .deb with 'arm' arch.

Thanks,

Nick