Re: Beaglebone Black - Unable to boot after installing debian Jessie with Robert C. Nelson netinstall

Hello:

El 13/11/14 a las 04:31, Robert Nelson escribió:
On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnelson@gmail.com> wrote:
In order to start install on eMMC, I'd noted too that with your script I
need to edit uEnv.txt in SD netinstall image in order to comment
"capemgr.disable_partno=BB-BONE-EMMC-2G". In other way I can't install to
BBB eMMC (it don't show in partman).

Laughs! Oh don't do that! It's not an "universal, whatever I want too
setup" NetInstall! ;)

You have two options with the "NetInstall" either install to the
microSD (NOT eMMC) or to an external usb device for the beaglebone..

¡Opss! :^)

I understand this in bad way. I want to install a fresh Debian (not available images) on eMMC, and think that your script do that.

Then, what is the best method to do this?

You can move the "microSD" to the eMMC later via a simple flashing
script from my repo..

:^)

Then, you suggest to make a Debian fresh install on SD and then move to eMMC, Are I correct now?

Today I try reinstall Debian, how I say before, but you say that /boot
partition is created by netinstall. Well, I can't encounter how to make it.
Trying with guided partitioned don't sucess, and for manual process I read
that is necessary to make a special geometry in storage [0], but there
aren't fdisk in netinstall image.

BTW, you can see a step by step overview how to create the bootable
microSD card here:

http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-SetupmicroSD/SDcard

The mk_mmc.sh uses a similar routine when creating the 48Mb boot/jump
partition...

Thanks for the link.

If I correct now, then I try to check this night.

Regards,

So many thanks Robert.

Best regards.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.

Pd.: Sorry, there are a problem with send mail to list when I have activated my verified sign, this is the reason that my last mail don't arrives.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.