Re: Debian on TS-221: cannot power off

On 2014-11-02 8:28 pm, Simon Elsbrock wrote:
Unfortunately I've been unable to power off the device. As soon as I
run `poweroff` I can hear the disks spin down after some time only to
spin up immediately afterwards.

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago on my QNAP TS-220 with an up-to-date Debian testing. I tried to disable autopower and downgraded the kernel but without being able to switch off the device. Last week I had a power outage which seems to have "fixed" the issue for me. Now I can again shut down the device and wakeonlan also works fine. It's a bit handwavy, but unplugging the NAS from the mains might work for you too?

Thomas