Re: QNAP 219 P II, Luks, Debian

On Sat, 2014-08-30 at 14:59 +0100, Tim Fletcher wrote:
> On 30/08/14 14:38, Li, Peng wrote:
> > HI Tim,
> >
> > Can you elaborate a bit? After installion, I didn't put these in myself.
> > How do it do it?
>
> If you can get a console on the device then hand boot it with the
> correct root= setting, let the system boot and then run:
>
> update-initramfs -k all -u
>
> And then repeat the install process for the kernel and initramfs to the
> internal flash. Sorry I don't know the exact details for the flashkernel
> tool.

I can't remember if running update-initramfs also reruns flash-kernel,
so it's probably safest to by hand which just involves running
"flash-kernel".

> > Was it supposed to be done by installer correctlying point correct root
> > device?
>
> Either the installer or update-initramfs will look at the current system
> setup and then build a suitable ramdisk.

I've not looked at the whole thread but I think the functionality you
are referring too comes from flash-kernels' initramfs hook in
/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/flash_kernel_set_root

Ian.