Re: Beaglebone Black - best way to install Jessie?

Depends on how your system is setup. Mine is running using the eMMC -
which might make me run out of disk space during a bigger update session.

If I'm having a 'big' update session, then I go ahead and temporarily
move /var to a SD card. With that configuration the system might slow
down a bit during the update (because accessing the SD is not as fast as
eMMC) but on the other hand I can just go ahead and let synaptic (or
apt-get) do its job.

After all the updating is finished and I have cleared apt's cache, I
move /var back to the eMMC.

Happy updating,

Markus