Re: Flattened Device Tree on SheevaPlug and Linux 3.15

On Tue, 2014-06-24 at 14:21 +0200, drEagle wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> Forgot the ML...
>
> On 24/06/2014 13:45, drEagle wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Never tried for now the fdt commands; zimage cat method works just fine on kirkwood and armada.
> >
> > On 23/06/2014 11:36, Stuart Winter wrote:
> >> Does anybody have any idea why it doesn't work or how to make it work?
> >> I would prefer to load the FDT blob using u-boot rather than appending it
> >> to the Kernel blob since the version of u-boot on this Sheeva should
> >> support it.
> >
> > What about the uboots fdt commands [1] ?

AFAIK that's mostly about modifying an in memory FDT, but it doesn't
actual deal with passing it to the kernel, which is done by passing the
address as the third argument to bootm or bootz.

> > Don't you need to tell uboot to use fdt ?

You need to tell it to pass it to the kernel as above, yes. But for most
platforms u-boot itself doesn't use (i.e. consume for its own hardware
detection purposes) the fdt apart from that.

Ian.