Re: Cubox-i with Debian Stock Kernel

Am 30.05.2014 15:04, schrieb Ian Campbell:
On Fri, 2014-05-30 at 14:13 +0200, Steve Langasek wrote:
There is already a branch for this in flash-kernel git, which I was waiting
for u-boot support on in unstable before proposing for merge.  U-Boot
support is there now, so maybe this is mergeable now.  Ian, would you like a
bug report for this?
Can we get the patch on the list for comment please? Looks like it might
want rebasing onto later flash-kernel?

Looking at the script in git, I'm not clear if the platform requires
uImage and bootm rather than bootz, it seems like the script tries both?
(or am I misreading it?) Also does it need appended DTB or does it
provide an FDT in firmware?

Latest flash-kernel allows the use of @@KERNEL_VERSION@@ in the boot.scr
and also automatically installs the appropriate dtb into /boot -- which
might simplify some things in the script?

The blog entry from Russell implies that bootz is supported and works (but he uses no ramdisk in his example):

https://plus.google.com/103895730806848715870/posts/dDFGdPL2oEn

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch