Re: go-mtpfs

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Joel Rees wrote:

> Got an acer a200 last week, and I'm playing around with it, getting
> ready to eventually put debian on it.

Some information about Debian on mobile devices is here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Mobile

Probably your best option is lildebi:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.guardianproject.lildebi

Another option is a chroot on Android:

https://wiki.debian.org/ChrootOnAndroid

A further option is to hack up the initramfs to boot Debian instead:

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/log/2012/12/03/debian-mobile/

A non-hacky way to do that would be to get petitboot or other Linux
kernel based bootloader running:

https://packages.debian.org/petitboot

> Running wheezy (ia32 on amd) on my main box, loaded the mtpfs tools,
> was able to get a tree listing and such. I've seen references to
> go-mtpfs, is there such a package in debian? (Didn't see it with
> apt-get, et. al.) Would it be worth pulling it off git-hub and
> installing it by hand on the main box?

I don't see go-mtpfs in Debian but there are C and C++ implementations
of mtpfs already in Debian so there should be no need to use go-mtpfs.
If you find out there are advantages to go-mtpfs I would suggest
getting it into Debian.

http://packages.debian.org/mtpfs
http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

--