Re: [Pkg-pascal-devel] [Core] arm64 update - help wanted

Hi Forian,

On 15-05-14 21:00, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
> FPC has no working aarch64/arm64 backend yet, so trying to build it makes currently no sense. There
> is a demand for it, see http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=25042 but no work happened within the
> last year.

I see in the bug report that access to hardware is a requirement. Does
it help you in getting arm64 support if you could use the Debian arm64
porterbox? If this is a regular porterbox (which I somehow doubt), it is
available for you (as non-Debian Developers) if a Debian Developer (such
as me or Wookey) is willing to advocate you [1]. But maybe the arm
porters can tell more about access requirements for non-DD's for their
porterbox.

Paul

[1] https://dsa.debian.org/doc/guest-account/