Re: debian installer images for LS-XHL/LS-CHLv2

* Michael Walle <michael@walle.cc> [2014-04-02 00:03]:
> I see. "From the device" means from the old filesystem/previous
> configuration/whatsoever. Do you still think this is worth it? I
> would like to just do DHCP or if that fails, use a static ip
> address. That way you would only have to tell the user your box
> either gets an IP address from your DHCP server or it uses a static
> network config. Any objections?

No objections for me.  I think it makes sense for new devices.  As I
mentioned, I believed it was worth it when I originally wrote
oldsys-preseed but I've changed my mind in the meantime.  I think
using DHCP + static fall-back for new devices is a good choice.

You can achieve this by either a) adding a preseed file to the image
or b) adding "support" to oldsys-preseed, i.e. simply telling
oldsys-preseed to use DHCP + static fall-back.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/