Re: On a Samsung ARM Chromebook, could nv-uboot easily boot to stock linux kernels, by way of ARM-GRUB?

W dniu 01.01.2014 15:48, Subharo Bhikkhu pisze:

> I have a Samsung ARM Cromebook.  I'm running Chrubuntu 13.04 in the
> internal 16GB eMMC.

> ...but the current problem is that one cannot boot from a stock
> linux kernel.  One currently must "borrow" the ChromeOS kernel, and
> "sign" it.  I would prefer to have no ongoing dependency on ChromeOS
> if I can help it, and have a Chromebook completely free of ChromeOS
> altogether.

> The Debian folks are currently stuck on how to boot a stock linux
> kernel from nv-u-boot:

So far Chromebook is not supported by Debian so there is no official way
of booting. If you want to have working easy way then go with nv-uboot way:

- Chromebook boots
- starts U-Boot from write protected SPI flash
- U-Boot displays white screen with info about developer mode
- U-Boot loads "nv" U-Boot from kernel partition
- "nv" U-Boot loads normal unsigned Linux kernel

Other way involves voiding warranty and flashing U-Boot into SPI flash
so steps 3/4 disappear.

If you want to boot into GRUB then you "only" need proper "nv" U-Boot.