Re: On a Samsung ARM Chromebook, could nv-uboot easily boot to stock linux kernels, by way of ARM-GRUB?

Sorry to butt in, but this seems a little strong to me -

"basically you've been caught out by the use of treacherous computing,
and have purchased a product that you cannot and will not ever own.
the samsung processors have bootloader-signing actually built-in to
the ROM: once the e-fuses are fired and the private key installed in
EEPROM there is no way to gain control of the machine short of paying
someone tens of thousands of dollars to have the top taken off the
processor in a class 1 cleanroom and to use lasers to dig around, hunt
for and re-build the e-fuse.  and then put the plastic back."

Because you can turn off the checking and boot up pretty much
anything, and if you can boot up a second stage bootloader that's not
signed then the world is your oyster.

I'd agree these devices could be more open, but they aren't locked
down like a console or anything.