Re: Good ARM board for Debian?

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Dale Amon <amon@vnl.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 11:37:07AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> jerry: i apologise - there are too many judgements and assumptions for
>> me to be able to continue this conversation, especially without
>> consultancy fees being paid.  i've given you a lot of advice: you're
>> not listening to it.  you may also wish to bear in mind that the
>> client is going to be able to do their own google searches and find
>> this conversation.  you may also wish to consider that you've misled
>> people on this list, and they have provided you with answers according
>> to those misleading questions.  you might like to consider
>> compensating them - or the debian project - for their time in some
>> appropriate way.
>
> However many of us who are silent have found this to be
> one of the more interesting discussions on the business
> and industry of SoC that have come along in a very long
> time. Definitely a high S/N.

 appreciated, dale.  something that, in my... eenteresting history of
interactions in the software libre world of the past 18 years i'm a
leetle paranoid about.

> I say this as someone in early stages of an aerospace
> product development.

 intriguing.  as there's some interest i'm happier to be able to carry
on a bit more: investigations of SD/MMC which is coincidentally
multiplexed onto the EOMA68-A20 CPU Card [not as a bit-banged
interface, jerry - one of the many assumptions i left it with you to
ask as questions not as judgements] show that SD/MMC has an SPI mode
[not as a big-banged interface, jerry - another of the assumptions
that you made as judgements].

 and, although it's sketchy, there appears to be evidence in the form
of a broadcom wifi driver of active support for SPI in the allwinner
SD/MMC/SDIO hardware:

 https://github.com/allwinner-ics/lichee_linux-3.0/blob/master/drivers/staging/brcm80211/include/sdio.h

 so it looks at first glance like it's possible.  really i should get
some sort of random bit of SPI-based hardware and try it out.

l.