Re: [fedora-arm] EOMA68-A20 CPU Card and Improv Engineering Board available for sale

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 09:18:16AM +0000, luke.leighton wrote:

>> > I have to admit this website and the ones linked from it leave me
>> > more confused than when I started.
>>
>>  awesome!  there's a lot of history behind this project - it's been in
>> development for over 2 years.
>>
>> > Is this a PCMCIA card?
>>
>>  no.
>>
>> > That sounds like an interesting form factor,
>> > but in that case how does the serial console work?
>>
>>  http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68
>
> So it's a PCMCIA form factor that fits into some sort of backplane?

 reuse of legacy PCMCIA housings sockets connectors and assemblies to
create a mass-volume modular upgradeable environmentally-conscious
computing "appliance" eco-system that happens to also invite free
software developers to participate in it from day 1.

> I think this project could do with some sort of "what on earth is
> this?" introduction for people who know absolutely nothing about what
> you're trying to do.

 create a mass-volume modular etc. etc. where software libre
developers are invited to participate at every step of the way.  front
page of http://rhombus-tech.net.

l.