Re: Debian 7.0 on Dreamplug basic installation and booting system external sd card

Sorry if this is repeating myself, but just to ensure I've been
understood (and please just view this as one individual user
expressing a preference):

I wouldn't describe my preference as being to put the burden on the
bootloader.  I am happy with a simple bootloader with limited
capabilities, which eg constrains /boot to be ext2 on a direct
partition.  What I think is important is for the OS to understand the
bootloader's capabilities and integrate.  Both at installation time
and when the boot files change as a result of upgrades or config
changes.  As an interim measure, the user configuring the OS can do
some of this with the right documentation.

This is very much putting the burden on the OS (and user configuring
the OS), not the bootloader.

It would be great to at least have the option of using straight-up
/boot for the boot files, and constraining what /boot can live on.  In
practical terms here that just means that a system configuration is
possible such that /boot/uImage and /boot/uInitrd are regenerated at
the right time, whenever their respective input files are updated.

  regards, Stanley.