Re: Donation of ARM CubieTruck to anyone interested in developing ARM-Debian-desktop

On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 02:21:01AM +0200, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> 1. Only open & free drivers needs to be integrated into Debian.
> Non-free drivers just needs to be documented how-to-install. (I will
> try to help where I can)
>
> 2.  CubieTruck uses own Linux kernel fork 3.4.x (old) -- same is true
> for other Allwinner-based products.
> So not in mainline.

That has to be fixed before Debian will support it.

I have followed some of the discussions people have had with allwinner
in the past, and I am not currently under the impression that they have
any interest in doing things correctly.  I hope I have just missed
smoething where they finally agreed to move to DTB and merging things
with the mainline kernel.  Until that happens, it doesn't have a chance
of getting official support.  Also a lot of people (like me) are not
that interested in spending any time dealing with a system that isn't
handled properly by its maker.

--
Len Sorensen