Re: iMX6 EOMA-68 CPU Card

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Lennart Sorensen
<lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 01:48:42PM -0600, Bill Gatliff wrote:
>> There you go, trying to simplify the universe again.  :-)
>
> I have to. :)
>
>> The phones in question are already designed.  The unicorn has already
>> left the castle.
>
> That doesn't mean we can't make sure future designs are done right.
>
> Just because existing designs were stupid doesn't mean new designs can't
> be briliant.

 lennart.  600+ ARM licensees.  that's not 600+ product designers -
that's 600+ fabless semiconductor companies designing different
*processors*, all of which go into any one of tens of thousands of
different products over the years that ARM's been around.

 ... how are you going to get all those companies to coordinate so
that they create decent future designs??  many of them don't speak
english for a start.

 but yes, having seen this absolute dog's dinner and been horrified by
it, as well as being a free software advocate i've designed EOMA as a
way forward.

l.