Re: Bits from the release team (freeze time line)

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 06:08:03PM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:

>On a related note, DSA have concerns with the current arm* and mips*
>hardware.  While there have been promises of new hardware to replace
>some of the current buggy machines, the offers are currently not
>leading to concrete results.  Porters of these architectures should
>contact DSA and figure out a solution to avoid a situation where an
>architecture is in jeopardy due to insufficient buildd or porter
>machines.

Ummm, WTH? We've been looking into possible *upgrades* to replace some
of the armel and armhf buildds with faster and (ideally) more easily
managed machines, but I *seriously* disagree with any suggestion that
the current machines are "buggy". I can see that with the some of the
known-buggy mips* machines, but I don't accept that the arm* machines
could/should be classified this way.

Google-bait:       http://www.debian.org/CD/free-linux-cd
  Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
  lists asking us to send them to you.