Re: Donation of ARM CubieTruck to anyone interested in developing ARM-Debian-desktop

On 08/12/13 19:39, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 04:46:17PM +0000, Tim Fletcher wrote:
On 08/12/13 16:36, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
If USB is not working then whole Cubietruck is not working.
Because I plug the keyboard into USB.

For my Cubietruck USB is working on Linux 3.4

USB works fine on the 3.4 kernel, the point I was making is that I am
now running debian jessie on a mainline kernel. This was raised as a
problem during earlier discussions about the Cubietruck / A20.

There are a number of things that aren't perfect but it's seemed to me
to be a major step forward for Debian on the A20 to have a mainline
fully OSS kernel.

If you are running mainline, then you do not get to complain about bits
or pieces not working. I would've thought that that was clear.

It's perfectly clear, I thought that others might find it useful to know that there is a working mainline kernel for this device.

I was simply informing people that I have a (mostly) working Debian setup with mainline kernel rather than the outdated 3.4 kernel. There was moaning about the lack of upstream kernels for this device so I went out to see if I could make a working mainline setup.

I am fully aware that I get to keep all of the pieces when I break the mainline kernel.

--
Tim Fletcher <tim@night-shade.org.uk>