Re: Donation of ARM CubieTruck to anyone interested in developing ARM-Debian-desktop

On 31/10/13 23:29, Wookey wrote:
+++ Konstantinos Margaritis [2013-10-31 23:03 +0200]:
you forgot the most important component, the kernel! is the
SoC/platform supported in mainline kernel? I guess not, but is the
vendor provided kernel based off a newer one (like 3.8, 3.10, etc?) or
an ancient 3.0.x? The former obviously makes things easier but the
latter is not a show-stopper in the end. But if kernel is

The kernel is supported at sunxi.com. Mainlining is currently in
progress, and co-operation is reasonably good. You can already boot to a
serial port using a mainline kernel (A couple of months back - not sure
how much further things have got). There is still a pile of work to get
everything properly mailined. But there are a pile of Allwiner
A10/A20-based boards so this will help a lot of people.

This might be of interest: https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/upstream-kernel-running-on-the-cubietruck/

I've just got my cubietruck and I'm in the process of building a debian rootfs for it. Once I've done that I'm planning to have a got at getting a mainline kernel to boot with a debian rootfs.

--
Tim Fletcher <tim@night-shade.org.uk>