Re: ARM kernel config for Linux 3.11

On Sun, 2013-09-15 at 16:42 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> As discussed previously, I think PCI should be enabled for the
> armhf/armmp flavour as the Marvell Armada SoCs have PCIe interfaces.  It
> might be worthwhile to restrict which PCI drivers are built, if this
> slows the build down a lot.
>
> Ian also proposed to add an armhf/armmp-lpae flavour.  I think it's time
> to do that, but I would also like to see the 3 platform-specific armhf
> flavours removed.  Which of the platforms are sufficiently well
> supported by armhf/armmp that we can do that?

Sounds like we have a rough consensus that we should try all this.

I've got patches which I'll push in the next couple of days.

I've also got a patch in my back pocket to add transitional/dummy
packages for the removed packages to linux-latest but I can't push that
until 3.11 moves out of trunk onto the sid branch.

Ian.