Re: Debian 7.1 on QNAP TS-412 mdadm always reassembles without drive in 4th bay

* Arnaud Patard <arnaud.patard@rtp-net.org> [2013-07-03 14:48]:
> > Thanks for your analysis!  Can you please file a bug report on the
> > linux package in the Debian BTS, so this can be forwarded upstream to
> > look for a good solution.
>
> I don't want to look to pessimistic but adding 5s delays has few chances
> to be accepted upstream. It's a very huge delay and in this patch, it's
> added for all chipsets supported by sata_mv. Moreover, there's no clue if
> it's an issue with the controller, the ts-412 hw or whatever.
>
> I fear that upstream will ask us to justify in depth this and we
> won't be able to do so. We can try to send it anyway and try to deal
> with upstream's comments but don't hope too much (I would even guess
> that the patch in its current form as no chances to be accepted, sorry).

Yeah, I agree, which is why I added "to look for a good solution".  I
agree that upstream won't accept the patch but hopefully they can help
investigate what's going on and possibly come up with a better solution.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/