Re: Debian 7.1 on QNAP TS-412 mdadm always reassembles without drive in 4th bay

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:

> * Martin Waschbüsch <martin@waschbuesch.de> [2013-07-01 21:05]:
>> With the increased delay in place, I can now reliably boot my TS-412
>> and all drives are up before the softraid is enabled. The patch I
>> ended up using is attached (though, as written before, it is simply
>> copy & paste from QNAP GPL sources).
>
> Thanks for your analysis!  Can you please file a bug report on the
> linux package in the Debian BTS, so this can be forwarded upstream to
> look for a good solution.

I don't want to look to pessimistic but adding 5s delays has few chances
to be accepted upstream. It's a very huge delay and in this patch, it's
added for all chipsets supported by sata_mv. Moreover, there's no clue if
it's an issue with the controller, the ts-412 hw or whatever.

I fear that upstream will ask us to justify in depth this and we
won't be able to do so. We can try to send it anyway and try to deal
with upstream's comments but don't hope too much (I would even guess
that the patch in its current form as no chances to be accepted, sorry).

Arnaud