Re: Debian tablet computer

Le 20/06/2013 11:16, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton a écrit :
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Louis-Maurice De Sousa
<louis.de.sousa@crdp.ac-versailles.fr>  wrote:
Le 20/06/2013 11:00, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton a écrit :

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Louis-Maurice De Sousa
<louis.de.sousa@crdp.ac-versailles.fr>   wrote:

We have planned an appointment with the CTO of Unowhy? to see how they
could
work with Debian community. The point is that most of the software must
be
made specificaly for a tablet computer. For the moment, imho, only
gnome-shell could work natively with a tablet.

   that's incorrect: kde plasma active has been specifically designed
with tablets in mind.  the workflow is extremely effective and the
design highly responsive.  a lot of thought has gone into kde plasma
active: there are dozens of video demonstrations available on youtube
which you can examine.

You are right.
I saw that but was unable to try one.
What are the packages I could try ?

  don't know.  join irc.freenode.net #plasma-active - they'll be able
to tell you.

  my understanding is that as it's primarily targetted at
low-disk-space hardware it's a cross-compile job.

Ok, the tablet has 8 GB disk space.

  however there may exist a configuration which is available for e.g.
debian on e.g. desktop hardware, you'll have to speak to the
plasma-active developers to find out: please do let us know because it
may be of interest to others here on debian-arm.

Ok, I'll give it a try.
Thanks for your help, I'll let you know any evolution.

--

Louis-Maurice De Sousa