Re: Debian tablet computer

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Louis-Maurice De Sousa
<louis.de.sousa@crdp.ac-versailles.fr> wrote:
> Le 20/06/2013 11:00, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton a écrit :
>
>> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM, Louis-Maurice De Sousa
>> <louis.de.sousa@crdp.ac-versailles.fr>  wrote:
>>
>>> We have planned an appointment with the CTO of Unowhy? to see how they
>>> could
>>> work with Debian community. The point is that most of the software must
>>> be
>>> made specificaly for a tablet computer. For the moment, imho, only
>>> gnome-shell could work natively with a tablet.
>>

>>   that's incorrect: kde plasma active has been specifically designed
>> with tablets in mind.  the workflow is extremely effective and the
>> design highly responsive.  a lot of thought has gone into kde plasma
>> active: there are dozens of video demonstrations available on youtube
>> which you can examine.
>

> You are right.
> I saw that but was unable to try one.
> What are the packages I could try ?

 don't know.  join irc.freenode.net #plasma-active - they'll be able
to tell you.

 my understanding is that as it's primarily targetted at
low-disk-space hardware it's a cross-compile job.

 however there may exist a configuration which is available for e.g.
debian on e.g. desktop hardware, you'll have to speak to the
plasma-active developers to find out: please do let us know because it
may be of interest to others here on debian-arm.

 l.