Re: Upgrading u-boot on Dreamplug

On 06/11/2013 09:56 AM, Eric Cooper wrote:
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 08:46:01AM -0400, Philippe Clérié wrote:
[...]
Help does not list a _nand_ command and there does not seem to be a
likely replacement.

Are there other options?

You should be able to do the equivalent from Linux, using nandwrite from
mtd-utils.

Maybe I panicked to soon. There are other instructions that seem closer to the mark, notably at: http://freedomboxfoundation.org/ubootUpgradeInstructions/index.en.html.

It seems that the correct command to use is _sf_. Right now, I am trying to figure out where to load the new u-boot image. It looks something like this:

usb start
fatload usb 2:1 0x6400000 u-boot.kwb
sf probe 0:0
sf erase 0x0 0x100000
sf write 0x6400000 0x0 (length of u-boot.kwb in Hex)

Now if I could get confirmation that this set of commands will in fact work... :-)

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>