Re: USB-to-USB "serial" cable?

On 18.05.2013 14:13, Przemyslaw Kwiatkowski wrote:
Hello,

Did any one see (and know where to buy) a cable with 2 USB-A plugs, and
a "double" usb-to-serial converter in the middle?

The situation looks so:
I have a router with USB port. I plug usb-to-serial converter and this
way I have a serial console. My laptop does not have a serial port, so I
plug another usb-to-serial converter to the laptop, and link both
converters with a normal serial cable. It work, but... it's a mess... :-(

I wonder if everything could be in one simple cable with two USB plugs
on the ends (a "something" in the middle, that emulates 2 linked serial
ports).

If you want to connect to you router, than usb-usb cable probably wan't help you.
I don't know router with console on usb port. Usually user should open router and solder serial port himself, and than connect with with ftdi like cable. Look at openwrt.org for you model of router and possible serial-usb convertor.