Re: Booting Debian on my Arndale board

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
Phil Endecott wrote:
My "Arndale" board finally arrived recently and I have been trying to get it
to do something useful.

should
I be able to use this Linaro Ubuntu kernel (and their U-Boot) to boot a
Debian armhf system?

you mean this?
https://wiki.linaro.org/Boards/Arndale/Setup/EnterpriseUbuntuServer#Build.2C_burn_uImage_and_dtb

Yes.

yes, you should be able to.  that's what i did for this, which is an
odroid-u2 (exynos 4412 based) system, last week:
  http://lkcl.net/reports/odroid-u2.html

Thanks. The difference is that you've debootstrapped from Android, while I've debootstrapped from Ubuntu - which surely ought to be easier, being less "foreign".

the little toe-rags at hardkernel have
enabled DRM so you need to do Treacherous-Zone signing with a little
script grrr

!!!  What on earth made them do that?

i advise you to do *native* compiles of the kernel.

Sure. This is my second-fastest computer. Err, OK my Mac is probably faster; it's my second-fastest Linux computer. (And I used to compile kernels natively on my Slugs!)

Cheers,  Phil.