Re: Can't get a Linux 3.6-rc zImage smaller than 2MB

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Chris Wilkinson <kinsham@verizon.net> wrote:
Sure.
[...]
#Reboot
Redboot> reset
Thanks for describing this so well and simple.

This creates the temptation to some of the modules into the kernel.
Many years ago I've read that network drivers as modules can have some penalty compared to being compiled-in.
Does anybody know if that is still the case? Is it the case with file system drivers?
I know with SS4000-E this doesn't really matter, it's slow anyway :-)

Best regards,
Maciej