Re: Plug computer with two eth

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Przemysław Kwiatkowski
<micha@micha.waw.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could anyone suggest any small Linux-based device with two ethernet ports? I would like it to be as small as possible, something like scheevaplug.

 dreamplug, mikrotic routerboard, ubitquiti rbpro has 5 (one of which
is POE), openrd ultimate.  or any other board with a spare USB port
and get a £5 xenta USB-to-Ethernet dongle.

 http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-openrdudetails.aspx
 http://www.ubnt.com/rspro

 all of those are gigabit ethernet.

 for anything with the marvell processor WATCH OUT.  upgrades to
debian/testing are a fucking nightmare due to udev being a complete
fuckup.  make sure you upgrade the kernel to something more recent,
but DON'T waste your time doing kernel builds, just dowload them from
here instead:

  http://www.spinifex.com.au/plugs/dphowtowificl.html

personally, having been through the nightmare-that-is-marvell and not
liking the proprietary nature of mikrotik's OSes, i'd go for the
ubiquiti rspro, because it's very low cost and absolutely amazingly
good value.

 and, because it's amazingly good value, there are people who've used
it as a reference platform for debwrt:

 http://dev.debwrt.net/wiki/DebWrtInstallation
 http://www.debwrt.net/download/releases/
 http://forum.ubnt.com/showthread.php?p=177868

 it's not arm-based, though - it's a MIPS processor.  not debian-arm
then, but at least debian.

 l.