Re: iMX6 EOMA-68 CPU Card

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Bill Gatliff <bgat@billgatliff.com> wrote:
> Luke:
>
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://rhombus-tech.net/freescale/iMX6/news/
>>
>> just a heads-up that the iMX6 EOMA-68 CPU card is probably about 3-5
>> weeks away from a first prototype, so i wanted to ask people if there
>> is any feedback on RAM, NAND flash sizes or any other features that
>> would make it useful to the debian arm community at all.
>
> Know what would be even more amazing than this board? To hear that you
> did it with the gEDA stack.  :-)

 me too - i'd seriously, seriously love to be able to say that.
however, the free software tools simply aren't up to scratch: there
aren't any with an auto-router function and i'm not knowledgeable
enough to be able to do without applying strict
software-engineering-style rules.

 ... i am however exporting things to ASCII file-formats, on the
off-chance that someone eeeventually writes a decent importer to e.g.
kicad.

 btw i accidentally replied privately to lennart: he's reminded me to
put the UART back in - i'd removed it because i thought the PCB was
about 8mm shorter than it needs to be.

 /peace

 l.