Re: building qt4 for arm

On 2013-02-12 at 17:04:29 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> That doesn't help with the problem that the default Debian build only
> supports Xorg and most boards are actually going to require QtEmbedded
> and framebuffer support. If you've only got 256MB of RAM, Xorg is
> seriously painful.

is it? My Ben Nanonote came with jlime (OE based, not Debian)
which used Xorg and matchbox with no issues, and it only has 32 MB
of RAM (and no swap).

I've used laptops with 128 MB RAM with Xorg, LXDE and a
modern debian distribution (I believe it was squeeze, but it may have
been lenny); running iceweasel started to become painful, but
it was still usable.

I suspect that the pain is coming from somewhere else, not simply xorg.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''