Re: building qt4 for arm

On 12 February 2013 17:36, Sander <sander@humilis.net> wrote:
> Ermis Papastefanakis wrote (ao):
>> I agree with Martin, it's better to compile Debian packages natively. I
>> would suggest to get something more powerful though. A dual core board like
>> a Pandaboard ES (1.2GHz) or a Snowball (1GHz) can come rather cheap
>> (150-200euros) and are pretty decent for such a task.
>
> I believe the Armbrix Zero sells for $145
> It has the same cpu and memory as the Arndale (Cortex-A15 1.7GHz dual
> core, 2GB 800MHz DDR3, and sata3), just a little less connectors:

...and if you need to compile still faster, you can use distcc and
ccache on a farm of little ARM boards... though doing this on a
heterogeneous network of 200MHz ARMs in 2006 to bootstrap the armel
project was fairly excruciating, it should be less painful today.
  The hard limit is that, for big packages such as GCC, you need more
than 256MB of RAM.