Re: uboot-envtools parameter file for Marvel OpenRD "ultimate"

On Aug 12, 2012, at 6:04 PM, shawn wrote:

On Sun, 2012-08-12 at 17:52 -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:

*) Presumably making the mtd partition starting at zero visible to
Linux will alter the names of the other mtd partitions.  Is this
going
to cause any problems down the line?  like, with the programs that
write the kernel and initrd to flash during an upgrade? will they
have
names like "mtd0" hard coded? or do they somehow find their targets
adaptively?

it does not change the given names, only the numbered names

I apologize for my density, but what do you mean by "numbered names" and "given names"?

I can't find anything in /dev/ other than /dev/mtd[012]{,ro} and /dev/ mtdblock[012] which, to my inexperienced eye, look like "numbered names". There's nothing in /dev that looks like *uImage*, for example...

Thanks!

Rick