Re: ARM dev boards for Debian and QEMU [was: Just suscribed.]

phi gcc wrote:
[...]
> Meanwhile I investigate QEMU... (I go ask a qemu question regarding
> networking)....

If you're doing kernel development, qemu has one killer feature in that
it's got gdb integration. You can, at any point, halt the emulated
processor and debug what it's doing. Which means that when you get a
mysterious triple fault for no apparent reason you can actually find out
*why*. It makes early-stage debugging so, so much easier.

(I have got an OS up and running on a dev board where the only debugging
feature was an LED. That was 'fun'. And yes, I did do it in the snow
while walking uphill both ways!)

│ "Parents let children ride bicycles on the street. But parents do not
│ allow children to hear vulgar words. Therefore we can deduce that
│ cursing is more dangerous than being hit by a car." --- Scott Adams