Re: potential new build hardware, "arndaleboard" samsung exynos 5,2GB ram
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: potential new build hardware, "arndaleboard" samsung exynos 5,2GB ram
- From: "Kevin Bortis" <Kevin.Bortis@ruf.ch>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 13:03:35 +0100
- Message-id: <A03AEC930CBB4D46B9E527D599CFF4D304161D5F@srvm-mail01-shl.ruf.group>
Phil Endecott <spam_from_debian_arm <at> chezphil.org> writes
> peter green <plugwash <at> p10link.net> writes:
>> It looks like a new samsung based devboard has come out (though it's
>> scheduled to actually ship until november).
>Ignore it until it actually exists.
Actually, I have one arndale board up and running. Over the weekend I
have recompiled our embedded Debian based dist and it is awesome fast. I
have attached an 256GB Samsung 830 Series SSD on the SATA3 port and got
~250MB/s write speed (dd from /dev/zero). The board consumes around 4W
in idle, 6.2W with one core processing and 8W with both cores near 100%
without the SSD. I would say that the overall performance is better than
our 1.6GHz dual core Intel Atom board.