Re: Debian qnap 109 -> qnap 209

Thx for your reply.
First I'm wondering how I start the debian-installer having the unbootable 109 disk in the 209. Unfortunately I installed debian already on the qnap 209.

I can boot that install with also the 109 drive in it, but how do I launch the d-i then? And how do I make sure the commands you suggested are executed for the right drive?

If you have Debian on the 209 you already have the correct ramdisk on the 209 flash (both installs must be the same Debian version). Try changing the UUIDs on the 109 disk to match those of the 209 disk and see if it boots. If it does not boot it should drop to a shell where you can try to find the error.

This is a rather complicated procedure, and unfortunately I can't help you further. I have only fiddled with the ramdisk on one or two occasions and my knowledge is really very shallow in that area.

/B

Regards

/B

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM, rosea.grammostola