Re: Debian qnap 109 -> qnap 209

Well, you could try to install the ramdisk to flash using the Debian installer. See http://www.cyrius.com/journal/debian/installer-flash-kernel. Since the 109 and the 209 are very similar, it might work (they have the same machine architecture).

I'm not sure if update-initramfs -u will flash, so to be extra sure issue flash-kernel as well. If you use the same medium as in your 109 it should be pretty straightforward. If you change medium you must update your UUIDs in /etc/fstab.

Since I'm no expert, something probably will go wrong if you try this. But it won't break anything.

/B