Re: SS4000E Kernel v3.4 Config

"Chris Wilkinson" <kinsham@verizon.net> writes:

> Does anyone have a .config for the kernel v3.4.0 menuconfig they could post?
> The kernel builds Ok with tweaked Arnaud's patches
> (http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2012/07/msg00167.html) for the LEDs but
> the ss4000e doesn't boot using the built zImage and ss4000e initrd.gz.
>
> I may be missing some important setting.
>
> Mine is here
>
> http://pastebin.com/0LCkY06F

CONFIG_ARCH_VERSATILE=y
# CONFIG_ARCH_IOP32X is not set

your kernel is not correctly configured. Your configuration is only good
if you want to boot your system on Qemu. You need at least to configure
your kernel for the right SoC and machine.

If you don't know exactly what to set, I would advice to use debian's
configuration for iop32x systems and enable the drivers added by my
patches. You may also have to take care about machine number stuff too
(the archive of this mailing list has probably the infos about this).

Arnaud