Re: Questions regarding armhf port for Raspberry Pi

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 6:45 AM, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
debootstrap DOES chroot before running the binaries.  --foreign is to
allow you to extract packages on your x86 desktop, and then copy the
chroot to another system and finish the debootstrap run there with a
cpu and kernel that support the binaries.

Thanks Len, I should have figured that out.  I'm drowsy from endless gcc compiles to chase the compiler issue I'm running into. Trying to respond to email in this state is just making me sound stupid.  I've put in so much work to come this far that I don't want to be sidetracked by the compiler.

Mike