Re: Questions regarding armhf port for Raspberry Pi

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Hmm I thought armhf did ARMv6, but no, it uses thumb-2 which apparently
> means ARMv7.

 *Debian*'s armhf is configured to use Thumb-2, but you could rebuild
 the packages with a toolchain defaulting to ARM mode and your binaries
 would be compatible with the Debian ones as long as both are built
 with interworking.

 BTW my gcc man page has an armv6t2 -march= target, so I suspect there
 are some ARMv6 CPUs with Thumb-2.

--
Loïc Minier