Re: Support for the D-Link DNS-320?

Hi, Jari.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:32, Jari Kirma <jari@kirma.fi> wrote:
> I have also been running Debian on TS-419P+ as my general-purpose server
> for a while. QNAP provides nice NAS software that Debian doesn't really
> challenge on its' turf, but for general-purpose services, combination of
> Debian and QNAP hardware are a great, hassle-free combination.

I suspected that, since Martin's document are excellent guides telling
what works and they seem to be fully supported.

> There's one minus side I must recognize: QNAP boxes can't compete with D-Link on price
> alone.

Indeed. I just checked the TS-410 and it costs 1592.40USD(!). The
TS-419P+ isn't on their local site and I would venture to guess that
it would be almost 1800 or so, which make them unfeasible for me.

Thanks for sharing your experience also,

Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de