libx86 for armhf (and armel)

Hi,

Does anybody know how to test if libx86 works on armhf/armel?
As I have used a slightly different approach to get this to compile.
Turns out the offending assembly in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=597000 is just a
macro which generates the bog standard inx (where x is b, w or l) and
similar for outx functions in assembly.
Looking at the libc code for x86 it is indentical and it seems to
offer some similar functionality for arm, but I could not immediately
locate the asm for it.
Anyhow going on the hunch that such basic functionality probably works
and the inx and outx functions are nicely defined in <sys/io.h> I just
tried some ugly refdefinition when we use the x86emu to compile (as is
the case on non-x86 platforms) (see patch attached). And it built fine
after that.
I am actually wondering if there is a reason to use asm instructions
there... so that could actually been cleaned up totally.

So does anybody know how to test this thing? And confirm if my hunch
actually delivers a working solution?

Thanks,

Philippe