Re: Moving root directory on a QNAP TS219P

* Mark J. Small <msmall@eastlink.ca> [2012-02-13 11:03]:
> On a normal x86 box, it would be a matter of changing the grub options to
> point the kernel at the new drive, using UUID or /dev/sdx#.  On this nifty
> little armel box, I have no idea how to change the kernel command line to
> point at a new root partition.

We don't change the kernel command line at all on the QNAP.  Instead,
we hardcode the root device into the ramdisk (which is loaded from
flash).

In order to change it, you have to edit /etc/fstab and regenerate the
ramdisk: update-initramfs -u

Make sure the result is written to flash.  If it is not done
automatically, you can run 'flash-kernel' manually.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/