Re: Kernel 3.2.2 on WD Sharespace

Thanks.
I enabled 'CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK' on my kernel.
Then i tried to boot it, no luck, same behavior.

So i did some search about earlyprintk since i know nothing about it,
and that led me to do what follows in uboot:

setenv diskboot_earlyprintk 'earlyprintk=serial,uart0,115200'
setenv diskboot_settings 'setenv bootargs $(diskboot_earlyprintk)
$(diskboot_console) $(diskboot_root) init=/bin/bash'

Still same behavior...
I'm not sure what to use for the earlyprintk argument to the kernel.
the one i set come from a howto on the net, i've set baudrate to 115200
because it is what i use to connect to the sharespace using minicom.

What is that mach-type stuff?
What is what boardid? How do i find what to set it to?

About the mailing list:
I just received Jason's message a second time, why is that?