Re: Kernel boot choice on an OpenRD Ultimate ?

Fr??d??ric Boiteux wrote (ao):
>   I'm testing an Open-RD Ultimate system with a Debian Squeeze system
> (boot with SD card), and I don't know well ARM systems. I found how to
> upgrade kernel (using flash_kernel), but I wonder how to handle a
> possible problem with one kernel (when upgrading for example), as there
> is no kernel boot selection : how can we manage a [updated] kernel
> refusing to boot, as we can't boot a failsafe one ?

Open a serial connection to the OpenRD: screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

Poweron the OpenRD and press any key to interrupt u-boot.
Do 'printenv' to see the bootcommands used, and copy/paste them to the
u-boot prompt (and adjust them) to boot a known good kernel.

To list your kernels (from u-boot prompt):
mmcinit
ext2ls mmc 0 /

Then it should be something like:
ext2load mmc 0 0x0800000 /uInitrd;